If you have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of another person or organization and you believe you have the basis for a legal claim, there are several things you should do immediately:
Take notes about your accident or injury – Write down exactly what happened, what kind of harm resulted, and the contact information for any witnesses.
Preserve evidence and take photos – Protect items like torn clothing, broken equipment and important documents, and take clear and detailed photographs of the area where the injury occurred.
Obtain the police report – If a police officer responded to your accident, contact the law enforcement agency as soon as possible after the incident.
Meet with an attorney – An experienced lawyer will take all the proper actions to give you the best chance of being compensated fairly for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and any other damages you have suffered.
Call Dimmich & Dinkelacker for legal representation
Dimmich & Dinkelacker has represented clients in a wide variety of personal injury cases, negotiated with insurance carriers for the maximum possible settlements, and litigated passionately in court if necessary.
The firm has also represented insurance carriers and employers who were uninsured or had the extent of their insurance coverage disputed. The fact that Dimmich & Dinkelacker has provided counsel to both plaintiff and defense sides gives them a good idea of what strategies each side will use in a given case, and aids them in building a counter strategy accordingly.
If you are the plaintiff, the firm will do everything possible to recover fair compensation for your injuries, inconvenience and pain and suffering, and press hard to make sure the individual or organization responsible for your injuries will never harm anyone again.
Dimmich & Dinkelacker represents people who have been injured in the following types of personal injury cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents – automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, ATVs, and jet skis
- Product liability – products targeted by consumer recall, car and toy defects, dangerous drugs, defective air bags and seat belts, workplace tools lacking adequate safety switches, infant car seats, household appliances
- Premises liability – slip-and-fall accidents, dog bites, inadequate security, explosions and fires, faulty safety measures such as loose hand and guardrails on stairs, and more
- Construction injuries – ladder falls, scaffold collapses, crane or fork lift accidents and other mishaps for which you or your family can be compensated for medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of earnings or death
- Catastrophic injuries – These can occur in a variety of locations and situations, and include brain and closed head injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of life or limb, and involve a drastic change in the quality of your life and expensive therapies.
- Uninsured and under-insured motorists – If you are injured by an uninsured or under-insured driver and are covered by your insurance policy, your insurance company should fully compensate you for all of your damages. They often refuse to do this and must be sued on your behalf.
- Wrongful death – includes any situation that results in the loss of a loved one due to the negligence or wrongful act of another
Workers’ compensation cases
These include any injury that occurs on the job or as a direct result of your job duties. Common claims are for lower back injuries and strains, neck injuries, herniated disks, or other serious injuries which prevent you from working.
You have the right to a work environment that is as safe as can be reasonably expected, and employers have a legal obligation to provide it. When workplace injuries occur, you also have the right to file for workers’ compensation. After all, you have been indirectly paying for your workers’ compensation benefits out of every paycheck.
Dimmich & Dinkelacker helps injured employees file workers’ comp claims to receive the benefits they are due. Whether you are filing a claim or have had your claim denied, we will guide you through the complex regulations and procedures that will get you the settlement you deserve.
Call us for results.
Dimmich & Dinkelacker provides caring, competent representation of clients with personal injury and workers’ compensation claims. Contact our attorneys today for a no-cost initial consultation and assessment of your case.